Apr 23, 2020
Julie and Casey sit down with master executive coach Katia
Verresen of KVA Leadership to talk all about leadership, your zone
of genius, how "optimizing" can be related more to fear and anxiety
than productivity, and most importantly all about the power of
- Your "zone of genius" is your super power. It needs to be
nurtured with awareness, noticing, and codification.
- Being generous and generative is the answer to the zero sum
power game of "I win, you lose".
- Fight or flight is diametrically opposed to your zone of
genius. Soothing your nervous system is critical to your best
- Good leadership inspires rather than commands followers.
- The shadow side of "Optimization" is deep dissatisfaction
- And bonus: What being an gen x'er can teach us about
boredom, and why during Covid -19 it can be your friend.
Katia Verresen coaches C-suite executives and rising
stars from the earliest startups to Fortune 100 companies. Her
passion is to help ambitious leaders achieve their full human
potential. Her practice is both in Silicon Valley and NYC with
clients such as Amazon, Facebook, Figma, Spotify, Stanford Business
School, Thrive Capital